Effects / functions / characteristics
- addition of special composition waxes to wood-based materials such as chips, strands, fibres, etc.
- hydrophobic treatment using chemical and physical processes
- improved mechanical properties in terms of swelling, bonding, and transverse tensile strength
The polar groups contained in the waxes have a high affinity to the wood structure. In addition, the hydrocarbon basic structures have a water-repellent effect.
Areas of application
- HDF, MDF, OSB, particle chipboard
Delivery programme / Products
- Montax wax dispersions with solids contents of up to 47 % by weight
Our application engineers will be happy to help you make the right choice of product. We can also advise you on how products and processes can be adapted to provide a solution to your specific challenge.